Last updated: April 27, 2015
If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding this Policy or our data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations to DearLocal, you should contact DearLocal by e-mail at hello@DearLocal.com.
Types of Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
- We may collect personal information from you when you register for a DearLocal account ("Account"), such as your e-mail address and password. Registration for an Account is not mandatory to access the public areas of the Site. Registration for an Account is, however, required to log into and access certain areas of the Site and use the Services. Always remember that to protect your privacy you should not share your username or password with others. If your password has been compromised for any reason, please notify us immediately.
- When you order Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, and billing information.
- We may collect any information or other content that you post to your personal profile through our Services ("Profile"). The information that you provide in your Profile may be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to our Site, depending upon the preferences you select in your Account. You may adjust the scope and nature of the information you make available to other users of the Services through your Account. You are responsible for the information included in your personal profile and shared with other users of the Services. You should not create a personal profile unless you want to share your personally identifiable information with other users of the Services.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We may also collect personal information at other points on our Site and Services that state that personal information is being collected.
Information We Receive From Facebook
In order for our Service to serve advertisements on your behalf on the Facebook service, our Service will need to access your Facebook account. If you do not provide your Facebook credentials, certain functions of our Service may not be available to you. If you provide your Facebook credentials, we may collect information from your Facebook account, such as your e-mail address, age, gender, location, contact information, username, password and profile picture. Any information that we collect from your Facebook account may depend on the privacy settings you have with Facebook, so please consult Facebook's privacy and data practices.
Information Collected Via Technology
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Information Collected From Third Party Companies. We may receive personally identifiable information and/or anonymous information about you from companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with personally identifiable information. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
Use of Your Personal Data
The personally identifiable information that DearLocal collects from users of the Services (both registered and unregistered) may be used for a variety of purposes. In general, personally identifiable information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- Provide the Services you request;
- Contact users of the Services for marketing purposes;
- Contact users of the Services for information verification purposes
- Customize content displayed through the Services and/or the layout of the Services for each individual user of the Services;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- Send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created; and
- Send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had a positive experience with our Services, and we may occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their company name and/or by their first name and first initial of their last name. We obtain the user's consent prior to posting his or her name along with any testimonial or comment. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these testimonials and comments.
We may create anonymous data records from your personally identifiable information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the personally identifiable information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings and changing your publishing options.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personally identifiable information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to DearLocal. These third party service providers are required not to use your personally identifiable information other than to provide the services requested by DearLocal.
We may need to disclose personally identifiable information of certain users of the Services when we have a reasonable and good-faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law, this Policy or our Services Agreement www.dearlocal.com/terms to comply with relevant laws, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on DearLocal; or to otherwise to defend, enforce or protect the rights of DearLocal or users of the Site or Services, including, without limitation, DearLocal's intellectual property rights. In this situation we will use reasonable efforts to provide notice of this disclosure to all affected users, to the extent legally permissible.
Choice and Opt-out.
Email Communications. We will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly (please see opt-out contact information below). Despite your indicated email preferences, we may send you service related communications, including notices of any updates to our Service Agreement or Policy.
All opt-out requests can sent via email to us at: hello@DearLocal.com.
Updates of Personal Information.
The users of the Services may use the Software to review, delete/deactivate and update certain personal information that was previously provided to us through the Software. Users should email us at hello@DearLocal.com to update any personal information collected by the Services that cannot be updated through the Software.
Other Web Sites, Links.
Certain of the web sites of DearLocal's promotional partners, sponsors, and other third-party web sites are accessible through the Services. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site and go to another site and another entity may collect personally identifiable and anonymous information from you. We have no control over, do not review and cannot be responsible for these outside websites or their content. We encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies of those third parties. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
Notification of Changes.
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your personally identifiable information, we will notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any changes to this Policy will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Service. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your personally identifiable information to provide us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your personally identifiable information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your Account with us. Continued use of our Site or Service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
We will use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, unauthorized access, use, disclosure and alteration. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your personal information. For example, when DearLocal transfers and receives certain types of sensitive information such as financial or health information, it redirects visitors to a secure server. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
Special Note to International Users.
Thank you for visiting the Site and using the Services.